An age-in-place house design plan is something that you need to consider thoroughly and with much thought. This home is going to be where you will live for a long time, even for the rest of your life. Therefore, you need to plan it carefully to ensure that it meets your needs now and that of your future family. Many of the existing designs in your floor plan can pose challenges when you get older. Hence, you need to anticipate these changes when working with any expert home builder Perth can offer. You can leverage the knowledge of these contractors to incorporate any changes to the traditional house plans and designs to accommodate your needs for the future.
Overall Plan Approach
When designing your future aging-in-place home, you need to incorporate these tips with new home builders Perth WA has:
• Keep the busiest parts of the house on the main level (if you opt for a 2-storey home). The living area, kitchen, dining room, laundry room, and toilet and bathroom should be on the ground floor for easy access.
• Choose an open floor layout plan. This type of house plan offers maximum maneuverability and also facilitates natural lighting.
• When you build a deck or patio that is attached to the main structure of the house, make sure that the floor level difference is no more than half an inch.
• Choose finishing materials that are easy to maintain. Even if you pay only a small amount of money for someone else to take care of them, you could save a great deal in the long run if you do the maintenance yourself.
Entry and Carport
The type of entry is also an important consideration when devising house plans with a home builder Perth offers. Here are some tips to consider:
• Make sure you install a wide door entry. Ideally, the door entry should be 36 inches in width.
• The carport should allow 5-foot allowance in between your vehicle’s edges. This would allow enough space for lifts.
Kitchen and Bath
These are two of the busiest rooms in the house. When designing an aging-in-place kind of home with new home builders Perth has, you need to take note of these tips:
• Like the rest of the house, the kitchen should have an open layout as well.
• The bathroom, like the kitchen, should be accessible to wheelchair as well. The width of the space in between the bathroom walls should allow maneuverability.
• Grab bars should be installed within the bathroom. This is helpful not only for seniors but for everyone to prevent accidental slips. The grab bar should have the capacity to support up to 250 pounds of weight.
When creating a custom plan with a home builder Perth has today, you need to consider the tips listed above. Proper structural design by the time of building the house could save you a lot of money from renovations and remodel a few years later. If you need to discuss your house plan in more detail, you can visit one of the best Perth new home builders in the market at https://www.redinkhomes.com.au.